http://cupcakelovechallenge.blogspot.com/2009/06/we-are-mother-and-daughter-living-300.html

Friday, April 23, 2010

Barbara; Applesauce spice cupcakes

This recipe was super easy and really, really good, plus it was a breeze with my little hand held mixer. My taste testers enjoyed these more than my last batch of cupcakes. The toasted pecans add just the right flavor. The cream cheese, brown sugar frosting was over the top good!

I made these per my mom's request. She loved them, although I wish I had made them for her last week cause her taste buds and her throat are being affected by her radiation so, it took her all day to get it down. :(

This recipe is on page 55.
First I whisked together 2 cups flour, 1 esp baking soda, 3/4 tsp salt, 2tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
Then with my hand mixer on high speed I creamed 1 stick unslated butter, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup light brown sugar and then added 4 eggs one at a time. Then reduce speed to low and add 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce and flour mixture.

Then stir in 1 cup toasted pecans.

I backed them for about 20 minutes.

While they were baking I made the Brown Sugar Cream-Cheese frosting.

This was very easy only three ingredients. Next time I will double it because I ran out. To make it's 1 stick of unsalted butter, 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup packed light brown sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth.


I actually wound up baking them for 17 minutes and they were very moist.


The finished product!



I would say that these cupcakes were easy and very good.
I gave my cupcake love to my girls at the office (remember to tell people you give baked goods to if it contains nuts), my mom's radiation team, and my family. I'll definitely make these again, maybe for a brunch. I need to branch out to my recipients. I will always give some to my mom's docs since I see them everyday. Next week, I think I'll take some over to my son's shop and my mom's dentist, and my son Kyle picked snickerdoodle cupcakes for my next run.


No comments:

Post a Comment